I’ve eyed these Window Crayons many times at Toy’s R Us but the thing that has always stopped me from buying them is honestly the price. They are almost $5 for 5 crayons. That is $1 per crayon that I wasn’t sure what they are or how long they would last. Then this week Toys R’ Us was having a huge sale on Crayola crayons and markers, buy 1 get 2 free. These window crayons were included in the sale. We now have 15 window markers for $5, much better.
When I opened them I was surprised to find that they are like a really soft jumbo crayon encased in plastic. They are large and you get a lot of color per crayon.
The real question is what did the kids think of them?
The resident Toddler LOVED them. This is such a great activity for her age. Since the sliding glass door was such a large area she got to use all her motor skills and really let loose.
This one copied everything I drew. Oh yeah, I played too!
The oldest girly girl really pushed the limits of her creativity when she wasn’t tutoring her sisters on how to draw letters and numbers.
It was an hour of colorful bickering free fun.
Two days in a row!!
The Pros of these window crayons:
- Creativity has no choice but to flow with these and it’s such a nice change from traditional coloring on paper.
- My kids think that these are better than the IPad. That says a ton!
- You could use these to write birthday messages on glass storm doors for kids or leave notes for party goers.
- The colors are bright.
- Easy clean up with a damp cloth.
- Great for homeschooling instead of using a dry erase board.
- There’s just one. The “crayon” material easily transfers to other things since it’s so soft. If it gets on their hands and then touch your couch or another surface, it will transfer onto that surface. It’s easy to clean off but we did have a few issues today with green all over the floor and couch because I didn’t know it was on the toddler’s foot. How did she get it on her foot to begin with?
Overall I think these are great. There’s so many things you can do with them and they give you a ton of drawing time per crayon. There was three kids coloring for two days with only one box of 5 crayons and we still have a lot more of the crayons to use. Get them and push the limits of creativity for your family.
Disclaimer: This is my own opinion given freely by me with no reimbursement or form of pay. I just like to color.