This week has been a little bit nuts but the good news is that we made it through!
- woke up and bathed the girls
- packed a bag of snacks, cold water, and lunch for Damion
- left the house in Northwest Houston
- drove to Southwest Houston to get help at the Honda dealership for my van
- drove to downtown Houston to pick Damion up from work
- hauled butt to Northeast Houston to meet our realtor by 12:15 and look at houses
- looked at 6 houses and then drove around the area for two hours
- did some shopping in Humble, ran into the couple who’s house we had just looked at and put a bid on
- went to a friends house and chilled for a bit (the best part of the day.. rest!)
- went to dinner with said friends and Princess Newbie insisted on wearing the onion rings from my salad as bracelets. (they were covered in dressing, which means she was covered in dressing but she hadn’t had a nap so we ignored this fact)
- drove from Northeast Houston back to downtown so that Damion could fax the offer into our agent.
- realized right before we hit downtown that Damion’s bag was still at our friend’s house thirty minutes north of where we were at, which had his keys to get into his building.
- Aborted plan to go to his work to fax the papers and headed out of downtown towards home.
- He realized there was another way he could get in so we turned around and headed back downtown (time is now about 9pm)
- I waited in the car with the kids while went up to his office on the 54th floor to fax the papers.
- Realized that his car keys were in his bag at our friends, 30 minutes north of downtown. (we didn’t want to leave his car overnight at the park and ride, which I was planning to drop him back off at to pick up his car.)
- Decided at 9:30 pm to drive north to get his bag from our friends.
- Got stuck in traffic due to them shutting down the entire highway.
- Picked up his bag a little after 10 and started the hour drive back home.
- Dropped Damion off at his car and started the 15 minute drive home.
- Only one kid fell asleep this entire day in the car and it happens to be the worst one to wake up.
- Put the kids to bed at 11:30
- Got in my own bed by 12.
- Passed out.
This morning I vowed not to go near my car. Then I got a hankering for a fancy breakfast. While there we found out we had to run a check to our agent’s office way north of where we were. About this time I decided to run back south to see a friend in town from California and then back home in time for Home Depot to drop off our replacement dryer. Finish off the day with a ton of cleaning and now I can’t hold my head up to type, it’s proped up on a pillow (no joke).
Sigh. If you read all of that, you deserve a cookie. If you skipped to the end, treat yourself to a cookie anyway. I can’t deny anyone sugar.
So where are we now? Waiting to hear about a house we put an offer on. I can wait. God has proven that His timing is best.
Praise for this week;
1. that the dizziness is gone!
2. the fun of house hunting. I actually like it. weirdo.
1. Comfort and peace for the families of the military men that lost their lives in the helicopter crash.
2. The best house for us to be provided to us by the one that owns all we have. (God)