My laptop is down.
It shut off on me saturday night while I was out of town so I thought that when I got home and charged the battery then it would of course turn on. Wrong.
It’s still under warranty and I can take it to get fixed but I’m still going to wear black covered in apple stickers tomorrow. It’s sad.
So I can’t show you the pictures that I was going to show you because 1) I don’t want to dig through the pure nightmare known as my closet to find my old computer and 2) I can’t add them to the desktop computer because Damion isn’t here to help me and it’s his baby that he built himself.
In lieu of cute pictures, we’ll just rely on Instagram photos and play a little game called “10 useless things you now know.”
1. I saw my grandfather yesterday. My parents named me after him, which is a huge honor. He’s been sick for years but on some days he’s his old self with a huge grin and hearty laugh. He was like that while we were there visiting and it was so great to see.
2. Princess Newbie won a Kit Kat bar from me for working on her swimming skills in the pool. Next time just remind me not to give it to her when it’s 106 degrees outside. Bad choice and the woman watching while I was trying to clean her in the Hobby Lobby parking lot would not stop laughing.
3. For awhile in college I thought about changing my major to botany (the study of plants) but I didn’t because it involved too many chemistry courses. Also you pretty much have to get your masters and I’m not that motivated. Maybe this is why I take so many flower pictures.
4. I repainted this cow skull for my in-laws this weekend. My Mother-in-law handed me this skull a few years ago when I was still semi new to the family and asked me to paint it. The painting I was ok with but at that point I wasn’t fully adapted to the hunting, used to skulls, culture. It was a shock. Now it was nothing. When you’ve been in a hunting family for so long you just know when to be thankful that everything is fully decomposed. If your husband is a hunter you know what I’m talking about. If not, just be happy.
5. In the last 4 days I have seen Mr. Byrd for 15 minutes. I miss him.
6. My Mother-in-law let me drive her new car to the store this weekend. It was so nerve wracking! When I wasn’t thinking how much I would like to floor it I was busy contemplating how they would disown me when I wrecked it.
7. My middle name by birth is Jo. Bobbie Jo. Yes, it’s true. Say it fast with a country twang and then fall on the floor laughing. I’m going to go drink with my dog in the truck while hunting ducks.
8. I’m obsessed with Sunsets.
9. My phone has 4,000 photos on it. Last week I deleted 10,000 emails from my inbox. I must have a phobia of the delete button. True story.
10. Tuesday I’m going to Trader Joe’s for the first time. Have you been? What’s your favorite product?