So you wanna be my best friend?
Here’s a few things you might need to know……
1. I met my husband, Mr. Byrd, online but I didn’t tell my dad that until our rehearsal dinner. Remember this was years ago when everyone thought that men on dating sites were all secretly mass murders.
2. I smoked for about a month in college. My boss wouldn’t let me take a break unless it was a smoke break so I gave it a try. Turns out I’m a huge failure at smoking so after a month I got smart and bought candy cigarets. Yes, you can take a smoke break with candy cigarets and they taste better too.
3. I have to have milk to put my chocolate cake in and I drink with a straw 99% of the time.
4. I’m named after my two grandfathers, Bobby and Joseph, which makes Bobbie Jo. People always ask me if my real name is Barbara. What? How? Nevermind. My girls should be grateful I didn’t name them after their grandfathers or one of their names would have been Jerry Steve.
5. No one in my family actually calls me by my real name. My sister Laura calls me “sugar”, my sister Debra calls me “B” and my sister Julia calls me “jerk” (sometimes) but usually just calls me “sister”. My dad calls me “#1 daughter”, but he calls all his daughters that. I’m not sure how we can all be #1, it’s more like we should each be .25% daughter. Damion also calls me “B” and my grandparents call me “BJ” because they are not up on modern vernacular.
6. My sister Julia is a rockstar but she did not pay me to say that. However I might bill her for it.
8. Princess Newbie’s 3rd birthday is tomorrow. I think a bit of my heart just died. She is so amazing.
So enough about me. What about you? What one thing we need to know about you?