There is no doubt that we are huge fans of The Big Bang Theory around this joint. I quote it all the time and our tiny little zoo have mostly Big Bang Theory names. First of all we have our dog, Dr. Sheldon Cooper, who we call Cooper. Sometimes I just call him Coopa like Kripke does. Tonight my husband said, you are not Kripke, to which I replied, “You are wong.”. After that we have our cat, Bernadette, and our guinea pig Walowitz who I really want to make a little dikey for.
If you are not a follower of Big Bang Theory and you haven’t clicked off this page yet, bravo. I know it’s confusing but go watch all the seasons and you’ll understand.
So as a rabid follower, what have I learned from The Big Bang Theory?
1. I now know who Leonard Nemoy is. Although I will have to google how to spell his name.
2. Geek is chick. I really want a Green Lantern t-shirt now. Of course I’m too frugal to buy one so I might have to freezer paper stencil one.
3. Skinny Jeans are not just for girls, Walowitz (the character, not the guinea pig) really rocks them.
4. I fell in love with Blossom and now I love Amy Farrah Fowler. Mayim Bailik is just an amazing person who really stands by her beliefs and convictions. I may not agree with them but I love how passionate and outspoken she is for them, even in hollywood.
5. Siri is your go to person for wine and music recommendations.
6. Bernadette has a mean side (the cat and the character).
7. Soft Kitty, Warm Kitty, Little Ball of Fur is a great song to teach kids and sing in the car. I love it because I love the show and they love it because they think I’m just singing about a cat. Oh if they only knew.
8. People from Texas are crazy. Well, I already knew that.
9. “I’m Batman” is funny anywhere.
10. You should always have a lightsaber on hand in case of a power outage.
What would I like to see happen on Big Bang Theory?
1. Sheldon and Amy Farrah Fowler at least get somewhat intimate. Maybe a kiss lasting longer than 30 seconds or a hug, baby steps… but something!
2. Penny and Leonard get married and start a family. (as it’s that romantic in me)
The good news is that tonight it seems like they were pointing the new season towards couples. I’m really excited to see where it goes.
Are you a Big Bang Theory Fan? If so, what have you learned?