I have a few confessions to make.
1. Last night I took my husband’s car to a meeting and I left it on E and accidentally stole his Ipod cable. In my defense I didn’t know he was going to drive to work this morning when he normally takes the bus and I didn’t realize that had stolen his Ipod cable. Also in my defense, I plead insanity and everyone will believe me.
2. This morning I woke up while it was still dark.
This is the proof which doesn’t look like proof because my camera phone betrayed me.
Even the dog couldn’t figure out why we were awake already.
“Why are we up Momma? There’s dark stuff outside.”‘
Everyone that knows me in real life as an extreme night owl/ adamently against morning time type person will be shocked by this confession but it’s true.
3. I have a flour buying problem. Not only did I get up extra early this morning but I decided to surprise the girls with pumpkin bread. (Martha Stewart called and she wants her awesomeness back.)
You see I’ve been trying to stock up on supplies for fall baking. I know you may think that fall is half over but yesterday it was 90 degrees in Houston so summer is really just ending. Well as I was getting out the supplies for the pumpkin bread this morning (see box mix and water) I went to grab the oil and realized I was out. I did have a little coconut oil that I was able to use but now I’m really low on that. How could I be ready for baking without oil? I’m such a dork. Then I realized that I was out of brown sugar too. Blah. BUT! I do happen to have an extreme amount of flour. Seriously I think I have a flour buying issue. The same thing happened last year when I got stuck on an egg buying spree. I think there were 5-6 cartons of eggs in our fridge at one time.
4. I’ve been up for two hours. The kids are awake, the pumpkin bread is almost done and this post is almost done. But my brain is falling back asleep. Typing is getting hard. Seriously, why did I get up this early again?
Latest posts by Bobbie Byrd (see all)
- Lyndon B. Johnson Presidential Library Visit – Austin, TX - March 29, 2017
- Teaching Kids to Read with Easter Eggs - March 23, 2017
- S’mores Krispy Rice Treats – Have S’more! - March 3, 2017