Today Kristi from Mom’s Confession is guest posting for me. She’s a ton of fun to be around and was country before country was cool. She is also an amazing cook that brought a cheeseball to a recent party that I am still dreaming about. She was sweet enough to write this fabulous guest post for me while I’m gone this week. Now I know you all just want me to be quiet so you can get to the fudge.
Thank you Kristi!
If there was one thing in this world that I could love more, it would have to be chocolate fudge. It’s rich flavor and deliciousness makes my heart melt like butter! In my opinion, chocolate fudge has got to be the best thing invented…ever!
The problem I have found in trying to replicate the gourmet chocolate factories fudge or even my friends recipe is that mine always comes out as a ooey-gooey mess…never setting up. So for years I have mustered through hoping for a miracle in the chocolate fudge world and then it hit me…try chocolate frosting!!
With a tub of chocolate frosting, a little chocolate chips and pecans…I can put the gourmet chocolate fudge companies to shame and quite possibly in a run for their money. Oh and also bypass the ooey-gooey mess that has happened to my chocolate fudge for years! Win…win!!
This chocolate fudge recipe is quick, it’s simple, and will have mouths watering for more…if it isn’t already!
- 1 – 16 oz. tub milk chocolate frosting
- 1/2 bag chocolate chips
- About 12 pecans (finely chopped)
- 1 – 6×6 square foil container
To make this simple recipe:
- Empty frosting into a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds to 1 minute in the microwave. (Timing will depend on how powerful your microwave is)
- Carefully remove bowl from microwave.
- Add chocolate chips and pecans to melted frosting. Mix well.
- After mixing all ingredients together for less than a minute, pour the mixture into the small foil container and refrigerate for approximately 1-2 hours allowing the mix to harden.
- Cut into bite size pieces and enjoy!
See…it’s fudge and now you don’t have to slave over the stove, stirring constantly… hoping for the best!
Oh and guess what, you don’t have to wait until the holidays every year to enjoy chocolate fudge…you can now indulge in the savory flavors year round because it’s just that simple to make!
If you love how easy this fudge recipe is, will you please “Pin It” to your boards? Thanks and Happy Holidays!
Kristi divulges her favorite household tips and fires up the stove to share fabulous family recipes at Moms Confession. She lives in her flip flops year round with her husband and two preteen boys in Houston, TX. Strike up a conversation on Twitter and share your favorite recipes with her too!
Latest posts by Bobbie Byrd (see all)
- Let It Snow – Free Cut File – Make These Super Cute Mugs! - November 20, 2017
- My PW Inspired Wildflower Pumpkin & How to Paint a Sunflower! - November 14, 2017
- 14 Years – Obviously We Got Married When I was 11. - November 8, 2017