Sorry to have ditched you friends and I know it was bad timing since the last post was about a small family emergency that I was beating myself up for.
Really that was not the reason for my absence.
So what is the deal with the life of Clumsy Crafter?
1. The littlest princess in our world is healing great from her burns. She has one bandage off, which she is really thankful for and will only have to wear the bandage on her stomach for another week or so. Yea!! She is back to herself although scared of coffee now.
The burns were very serious and it was a hard time for us. However it has made me realize how extremely blessed I am that it was the worse thing I’ve gone through as a parent when so many people are walking their lives through extreme trials.
2. Blog Elevated Conference was this weekend, which I have been working on for the past 10 months. It’s also the reason why for the past two weeks I have not touched this blog. The Conference towards the end was taking every single spare second of the day and into the night for planning.
However, Blog Elevated was an extreme success and it makes my heart happy. Apart from the crazy weather in Houston, there was no issues at all and everyone was able to fill their brains with blogging goodness.
I did come home and sleep on my couch for an hour and then spent 12 more hours sleeping after that. But tomorrow we resume life and in a few more weeks we start planning Blog Elevated 2014. I can’t wait.
3. Zevia Sodas named me a Certified Smart Person. Yes, I’ll give you a second to absorb that one.
I’m going to print it out and make it into a poster to hang above my husband’s desk. If it’s on the internet it must be true. Right? Next time my friend April laughs at my scatterbrained nature I’ll just pull up the Certified Smart People page at Zevia. I’m legit and certified.
There’s so much to tell you but I’ll be breaking these things up into separate posts and devoting more time to them soon.
Thanks for sticking around. You guys mean the world to me.
Latest posts by Bobbie Byrd (see all)
- Lyndon B. Johnson Presidential Library Visit – Austin, TX - March 29, 2017
- Teaching Kids to Read with Easter Eggs - March 23, 2017
- S’mores Krispy Rice Treats – Have S’more! - March 3, 2017