Honestly I like social media.
I love the fact that I get to meet so many people that I might have never of met if it wasn’t for social media. I met my partner for Blog Elevated Conference, Lisa, on Twitter as well as my friend Kelley Grant. Those are two people that I can’t imagine my life without.
It seems like I have a knack for meeting the most important people in my life online since I met Mr. Byrd online when online dating was still whispered about in hush hush tones.
Social Media changes a lot. There’s always new platforms and guidelines. It will never be the same from one day to the next and maybe that’s why I love it.
The truth is that bloggers need social media.
So many bloggers say that they don’t have time to manage it or any more time to devote to something else. However how will your amazing blog posts be found if not for social media? Sure your friends will probably share them but what platform will they share it on? Most likely they’ll use some type of social media. This is why bloggers can’t discount social media.
So today I just want to share some basic tips to help bloggers with their social media accounts.
1. Branding – Make all your social media accounts as similar as possible. Your handle on Twitter can also match your Instagram account handle and your Pinterest name. Yes, maybe you won’t be able to get that name but if you make it similar it will still be easier for people to find you on multiple platforms.
Use the same profile picture on your public accounts and similar designs and graphics. The easier it is for people to find you anywhere on social media, the further you can spread your message.
2. Don’t be afraid to follow people – Many bloggers want to have huge followings while following hardly anybody else so that they’ll seem important.
These people are failing at social media.
Yes – it’s ok to manage the people you follow and to keep it a manageable size. You do not have to follow everyone back. However by trying to appear as an influencer many people miss out on making amazing connections. Social Media is one of the best networking tools out there. People that refuse to be social on social media for the sake of being important in their eyes are missing the boat on social media. They’re not the influencers that they hope to be.
3. Find the social media platforms that work for you – One of the reasons that keep people from diving into social media is because they don’t have time. The great news is that you do not have to be on every single social media platform that there is.
Different platforms serve different purposes. Twitter is a platform without barriers, Pinterest is a traffic driver, Google Plus is an SEO tool, Facebook was a community builder that is not working for many bloggers anymore, Linkedin is a professional networking tool and Instagram is a story teller through pictures.
Which one of those work best to spread your voice and message?
Find 3 social media platforms that work best for you and give them your all!
Social Media is fun and interesting. Where else can you be in multiple countries with people from all races and cultures all at the same time? It’s a great way to spread your voice and message while building your authority as a blogger. Rather than hide from social media, embrace it and have fun on it. Let you personality shine through.
If you want to follow me on social media, you can find me on –
Twitter – @ClumsyCrafter
Facebook – www.Facebook.com/clumsycrafter
Instagram – @ClumsyCrafter
Pinterest – www.Pinterest.com/bobbiejbyrd
LinkedIn – Bobbie Byrd
You might also like –
Latest posts by Bobbie Byrd (see all)
- Lyndon B. Johnson Presidential Library Visit – Austin, TX - March 29, 2017
- Teaching Kids to Read with Easter Eggs - March 23, 2017
- S’mores Krispy Rice Treats – Have S’more! - March 3, 2017