You know what I’m talking about if you’ve ever had frozen hot chocolate. It’s the best of both worlds. It’s cold and frosty, the perfect treat in the summer. But it’s also that famous hot chocolate taste that you crave in the winter. So when do you eat it? Year round!
There’s many many recipes for frozen hot chocolate. Some recipes have you make hot chocolate, freeze it in ice cube trays and then grind it up. Other recipes add more sugar, cream and decedent chocolate to the simple hot cocoa base. But I don’t want to add more sugar since I was serving it to my kids. I’m pretty sure they’ve already bounced off every wall that we own. Plus I wanted a quick and easy recipe that I could make in less than 5 minutes. So what’s a girl to do? You choose this Frozen Hot Chocolate Recipe. It’s quick, easy and simple.
It’s the perfect year round frozen hot chocolate recipe.
Make this tomorrow for your kids and they’ll declare you the best mom ever. Well, until you tell them to go clean their rooms.
- 3 packets of hot chocolate mix
- 2 1/2 cups of milk
- 4 cups of ice
- 1 tablespoon of chocolate syrup plus some
- whip cream
- grated chocolate
- To start fill blender with 4 cups of ice. Add the 3 hot chocolate packets and milk. Blend well. If needed, add more milk to blend smoothly. Add in chocolate syrup and mix one final time.
- Prepare drinking glasses by pouring one small line of chocolate syrup on the inside edge of the glass, all the way around. Pour frozen hot chocolate into the cups. Add whip cream and grated chocolate to the top and serve.
Latest posts by Bobbie Byrd (see all)
- Lyndon B. Johnson Presidential Library Visit – Austin, TX - March 29, 2017
- Teaching Kids to Read with Easter Eggs - March 23, 2017
- S’mores Krispy Rice Treats – Have S’more! - March 3, 2017