I thought my life was changed the day I figured out you can make marshmallows at home. They are so much better than any package of marshmallows will ever be. Then one day while making s’mores with homemade marshmallows I knew that I was still missing something.
That’s when I found out that can you make your own graham crackers! Yes friends, you’ve been missing out. All you need is an easy graham cracker recipe and your life will be rocked.
You don’t even have to use the graham crackers to make s’mores, you can just eat them plain or smeared with peanut butter.
The glorious thing about homemade graham crackers is that you can make them thicker and a little softer than store bought graham crackers. I also really like the spice of ginger snaps so I added a little extra spice to this recipe. It’s not enough spice to make you yell “ay carumba!”, but it’s just enough to know that this isn’t your momma’s blue box of graham crackers.
Just imagine Cookie Butter S’mores with homemade graham crackers and marshmallows. Yum… so yummy.
And you can always just pair them with hot chocolate if you wish.
Or you can be like my kids and eat them all before anyone has time to make a s’more.
But of course before you can dive into s’mores heaven, you need the graham cracker recipe.
You can also find the homemade marshmallow recipe here or look for the s’mores marshmallow recipe (one of my favorite gifts to give) here.
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup honey / molasses mix
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Start by adding flour, salt, baking soda, brown sugar and spices to a stand mixer. Mix briefly until all dry ingredients are mixed.
- Add cubed chilled butter to the dry ingredients and mix until the texture of course crumbs.
- Pour approximately 1 tablespoon molasses, more or less for taste, into the measuring cup. Top with honey until it reaches 1/4 cup.
- Add honey and water to the mix and blend well.
- The mixture will appear crumbly and not like a dough.
- Place half the mixture between two sheets of parchment paper and roll it out until it's a thin layer of dough. The dough should come together as you roll it out, if it doesn't put it back in the mixer and add a small amount of water.
- Cut the dough into a large rectangle and then score smaller rectangle pieces before baking. Poke small holes in the top of each cracker before baking.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then let cool.
- The thickness of the dough once rolled determines how crunchy the cracker will be. A thicker roll will give you a cookie style graham cracker while thin rolls will give you a traditional crunchy graham cracker.
Latest posts by Bobbie Byrd (see all)
- Let It Snow – Free Cut File – Make These Super Cute Mugs! - November 20, 2017
- My PW Inspired Wildflower Pumpkin & How to Paint a Sunflower! - November 14, 2017
- 14 Years – Obviously We Got Married When I was 11. - November 8, 2017