1. This forecast is AMAZING! I know… I know… don’t shake your head at me. I’m not changing this to ClumsyWeather.com BUT it has rained almost every day for the entire month of May in Houston.
The river closest to us is dangerously flooded. Our street is now flooding anytime it rains but it has never flooded before. The ground here is so saturated that trees are simply falling over because the roots have nothing to hold onto.
Our church had major water damage after a drain pipe burst during the recent storms. There’s only one week to get repairs to the church before Vacation Bible School starts.
We just can’t handle anymore rain in Houston. The sun is needed and we are happy!
2. My dad was here this weekend. He’s full of life and hilarious.
He told me about story about growing up with his older brother, Joe.
Joe was older and a lot bigger than my dad growing up. Naturally he bullied my dad around a bit as all older siblings tend to do.
One day Joe dislocated his shoulder and was in a lot of pain so my grandmother told my dad to walk Joe down the block to the doctor’s office and she would follow shortly. Well since my dad could never pick on Joe because Joe could easily beat him to a pulp, my dad figured that this would be a good opportunity to give Joe a taste of his own medicine.
Without much forethought my dad pushed Joe hard causing him to fall into a fence. The fall popped his shoulder back into place.
My Uncle Joe chased my father all the way back home but never caught him. On the plus side, he saved his mom a couple of bucks that she would have had to pay to the doctor.
It truly was a win-win situation.
3. We have new pets. Yes we practically run a zoo. No, we don’t have a permit for that.
In April we added two pet rats to our family. Now my daughter goes around telling everybody that we have rats. She forgets to say “pet” rats. Have you ever seen the face of a cashier when she finds out that you have rats? It’s a cross between horror and hidden horror.
On top of the rats two weeks ago during a huge storm a new cat showed up in our neighborhood. It was so skinny that we fed it and let it sleep in our garage. Now our days are spent blocking the back door from furry gray legs that are determined to get inside. The cat has been named and apparently plans on moving in once we get an all clear from a vet.
The youngest child asked if she could have a hamster for her birthday. We told her yes as long as it’s plastic and pocket sized.
Here’s to sunny skies and Monday mornings! Just joking – I hate Mondays.
Latest posts by Bobbie Byrd (see all)
- Fall for Fall Toffee? Christmas Crack With a Twist. - October 13, 2017
- Visiting The Pioneer Woman’s Lodge – Also Known As That Time I Fan Girled It. - October 9, 2017
- Apple Spice Cake Recipe and a Life After Harvey Update - September 27, 2017