1. He’s not afraid of his geekiness.
2. He’s epic at Hide and Go Seek.
3. He only laughs at me on days ending in Y.
4. Our kids think he hangs the moon.
5. He thinks they hang the moon.
6. He brings me Starbucks on random days, just because I enjoy it.
7. He brings me flowers, but he brings Starbucks much much more. Coffee tastes better than flowers.
8. He adores the women in his family (this is important for great husband material younger girls!)
9. He waits for me to watch The Big Bang Theory with him when we have to DVR it. (most of the time)
10. It took him 9 years to learn to say my maiden name correctly but he never stopped trying.
11. He calls my dad more than I do, just to talk.
12. He is my apple technology dealer and I love him for it.
13. He helps everyone and anyone that might possibly need it.
14. He changed a woman’s tire on our way to dinner to celebrate our engagement.
15. He accepts my love of animals and loves our little zoo.
16. He ignores (as best as he can) the explosion that some might call my closet.
17. He wants purity and innocence for our little girls.
18. He has infused our children with his love of geekery.
19. He wants me to come with with him on the tiny couch in his office just so we can be together.
20. He supports my goals, even when it means being gone every saturday night for meetings.
21. He tells it like it is.
22. He avoids drama and helps me to avoid it as well.
23. He lets me drive everywhere we go which makes my control freak self very happy.
24. He served by himself for all of our volunteer hours (which are not really volunteer, you just don’t get paid) last year at the kid’s swim meets.
25. He always takes us out to eat on Sunday nights so I won’t have to cook.
26. It took me 13 months to get over him when we broke up while dating. 4 weeks later, He asked if he could kiss me.
27. He lets me walk the unique road that I do and has accepted that I don’t want to be like everyone else.
28. He has discovered Anthropologie and said, “I knew I could buy anything in there and you would love it.” Yes, yes, and yes.
29. He really truly gets me, which is hard because I’m weird.
30. He is the best dad, hands down.
31. He takes the girls on dates, just him and them. I am not invited.
32. He adores me and he’s not afraid to show it.
33. He waits to make decisions with me, even the small ones.
34. He never gave up on us, even during the really bad times.
35. He is my best friend and God put us together for a reason.
and two extras because I have more to go;
36. Because He will ALWAYS be older than I am!
37. His work ethic and integrity are so beyond what mine or most people’s could ever be.
37. Because he is the head of our house and leads us in righteousness, truth, and morality.
Happy 35th Birthday Mr. Byrd, you rock my socks off.