April Fools Day is Friday. It’s a day for fun pranks and silly jokes. My daughter the other day was telling me her plan to cover the toilet seat with clear saran wrap. I squashed that plan.
But it doesn’t mean that I’m not up for some harmless fun.
In fact on Friday I’m hiding the saran wrap but not before I use the clear tape up.
Many, many years ago when I was still a brand new blogger I wrote this post for April Fool’s Day Spilled Coffee Prank. It was one of my first tutorials and then one that I spent the most time photographing. I was so proud of it.
It’s great to look back on it and see how far I’ve come BUT it’s still a great prank to play on your coworkers or spouse.
I think that laptop was almost as thick as the new iPhone.
But if you have glue and food coloring you can create a great puddle of “spilled coffee” for the ultimate prank.
Here’s a few other ideas for April Fool’s Day Pranks –
1. Place clear packing tape over a doorway of a room, the sticky side facing the direction the person will most likely be coming from. Or you can do this to your kid’s bedroom early in the morning before they try to come stumbling out still half asleep. Hint: Place the tape lower than their face and hair, especially for kids with long hair.
2. Place a small amount of clear nail polish over the end of their ballpoint pen. Or over the tips of all of their pens.
3. Make a mashed potato / meatloaf cake for dinner. This one is easy and your kids will fall for it. Make meatloaf in a cake pan. Frost with mashed potatoes. Use ketchup to write a special message and serve on a cake plate stand for the best effect. Find more directions here.
4. Serve your kids “juice” made from jello. Fill small see through cups with jello mix, made according to directions. Add in a straw and set in refrigerator to set. During snack time serve them the special juice treat.
5. Tape a plastic roach or a roach shape cut from dark paper inside of a lampshade. When they turn on the lamp, the roach shape will make it look like there’s a roach lurking inside the shade.
6. Fill a donut box with kale chips or broccoli – leave on the counter and watch people’s faces as they open the box.
That should get you started. Just remember that what goes around sometimes comes around.
Keep the pranks clean and friendly!