This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign by Pollinate Media Group, Rubbermaid and Sharpie but all opinions are my own. <- true. Momma don’t lie.
You might have heard about this game coming up soon called The Super Bowl? No? Well then you’re a hard core crafter, way to go. But if you have or you have men of any age living in your house you might want to check out this quick and easy football party decor.
Here’s a secret: I’m horrible at planning parties. You know why? Because I’m a major procrastinator. Yes I want to make a cute kids party where unicorns are hung from the ceilings and gigantic bubbles are bouncing around the backyard like kangaroos but you know what? It’s really hard to find unicorns at the last moment. Therefore my parties are usually crafted from last minute desperation.
This easy football decor for your serving table is the perfect addition for procrastinators and planners alike. It’s simple to make 5 minutes before guests arrive or you can make it a day or two in advance and easily store it away.
You see all I did was grab a few pieces of white posterboard at the store for under 50 cents each. (Yeah for frugality!)
Then I simply used a black Sharpie marker to draw on football plays. Easy right?
This is what it looked like when it was finished.
Here’s a few tips to recreate a similar look;
1. Google “football plays”. If you’re familiar with football and the plays than that’s awesome but don’t be afraid to admit that you just don’t get it. A simple image search on Google will help you out.
2. It works best with interactive foods. Choose a main food and then add dips or toppings to finish out the perfect food football play.
3. Use Rubbermaid Glass storage containers. I found this 6 piece pack at Target and I really loved the fact that I could make the layer dip and bean dip in advance and then store it nicely in the fridge until it was time to be served. Plus the glass containers keep it classy.
4. Lay out the food you want on the board first and then sketch in the football plays and details to make sure there’s space for it all to fit.
5. Don’t let prepping for any party stress you out! I fall prey to this all the time. It wasn’t until I realized that I lost the sight of the reason for the party before I changed my party planning tactic to simple and easy. If the party is for your kids than you need to be present, not busy making sure the paper flowers are blooming perfectly. If it’s a football party that you’re planning rather than stressing you need to be setting up a cute craft area way on the other side of the house but close to the wine and chocolate.
Keep parties quick and simple so that they can be fun and enjoyable.
I hope you love this Easy Football Party Decor. You can find it pinned to my Clumsy Crafter Pinterest Board.
You can score coupons to purchase Rubbermaid Storage Containers and Sharpie Markers at Target by texting COUPONS to TARGET. (frugality win).