How to Unclog a Double Sink with Two PlungersTo unclog it place one plunger on the side that has the food disposal, usually on the left side. This side will just be for making a tight seal that is easy to hold by yourself. You will not plunge this side. If you do not have a second plunger, you can try to block the other side but it works a hundred times easier if you do have a second plunger. Hold down the first plunger to make a tight seal and then place enough water in that side of the sink to barely cover the top of the plunger.
Keys to Unclogging a Double Sink with Two Plungers:
- Use a plunger in each side of the sink.
- One side of the sink will be just to create a seal against the drain hole, not to use as a plunger.
- Place pressure on the first plunger over the drain hole to seal it and make sure water is covering the top of that plunger.
- Place water in the other side, enough to cover the top of the second plunger.
- Place second plunger over the drain hole and plunge that side of the sink while holding the first plunger tight against the opposite drain.
- If you struggle with using two plungers at once, get someone to hold the other plunger against the drain line for you.
- How to Protect Your Outside Faucets From a Freeze
- How to Keep Your Home Cool in the Summer
- How to Get Super Glue Off Your Skin
- How to Prepare Your Fridge or Freezer for a Power Outage
- A Few Tips for Preparing for a Hurricane